Global Mobility Service Inc. (President/CEO: Tokushi Nakashima; hereinafter “GMS”) and Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd. (President: Yoshinari Kitajima; hereinafter "DNP") jointly created the Distribution and Delivery Matching Service (hereinafter referred to as "the service") in aim to resolve various logistics issues in the fast-growing economy of the Philippines and the whole Southeast Asia. The service received an award from the "MaaS*1 & Innovative Business Model AWARD (commonly known as: MaaS Award) 2020” with the best award of excellence in the business model category.
*1 "MaaS" is an abbreviation for "Mobility as a Service" and means providing mobility services such as automobiles and etc.
[Main Features of Distribution and Delivery Matching Service]
- A service that matches shippers and truck drivers using web and smartphone applications.
- This service allows you to set the optimal delivery route, manage the location information and operation history of trucks, and issue digital delivery certificates within its cloud environment.
- In cases the driver is a sole proprietor, during a strong delivery demand, it is difficult for them to receive orders while driving and at the same time calculate the most efficient and shortest route for multiple delivery projects. By utilizing this service, the driver can now respond to multiple deliveries while managing and maximizing their logistic efficiency.
[Background of how this service started in the Philippines and in Southeast Asia]
In response to the rapid economic growth in the Philippines, flow rate of good have increased but problems such as goods not reaching the stores (where consumers go on a daily basis) could be seen due to the lack of logistics companies and severe traffic congestion in the city roads. Aimed to help improve the logistics system of the country, this service took form by combining the FinTech services of GMS and the Cloud system developed by DNP.
GMS provides FinTech services using IoT technology to help the poor and low-income families who work hard but cannot pass credit screening in availing a loan to have their own vehicle. Drivers whom were able to fully pay off their tricycle (three-wheeled taxi) loan using our FinTech service will now be able to purchase small trucks which they can use for their own delivery service business. Furthermore, in order to help the truck driver gain income and pay their loan, the driver needs to process multiple deliveries efficiently.
DNP has developed a cloud based system where drivers can match with shippers and come up with the most fastest efficient route. The system has various functions such as locating the truck position, recording the history of operation, and issue digital delivery certificates as well.
With this service, the driver, who is a sole proprietor, can acquire a stable amount of work while being able to comply to the strong shipping demand. It enables the shipper to deliver more goods in a timely manner, and help solve the current challenges in the aspect of logistics in line with the economic growth.
Through this service, it is possible to solve the social issues we currently have by improving the total income of the low-income groups in the Philippines and the whole Southeast Asia. Having a common goal, GMS and DNP signed a capital and business alliance agreement in 2018. Since July 2019, the two companies have been collaborating with a major Philippine food and sundries wholesaler to conduct a field trial of the distribution and delivery matching service, and are working on further development of the business.
[About "MaaS Award 2020"]
Each industry is paying attention to “MaaS” as a means to connect public transportation, automobiles, and other means of transportation seamlessly using IT. By doing so, it enables people to use the transport means more efficiently with convenience while giving a solution to the social issues.
This year, "MaaS Award" was established to evaluate innovative products/services and businesses in the field of "mobility tech" that link mobility and technology, innovative initiatives and collaboration cases that have social significance, and new solution that can transform transportation and change our lives for a better future. In this award, the distribution and delivery matching service promoted by DNP and GMS was highly evaluated, and thus, received the Best Award of Excellence in the business model category of “MaaS Award”.
Since July 2019, DNP and GMS have been conducting a demonstration test of this service with five small trucks in southern Manila, Philippines. We are aiming for commercialization by the end of fiscal 2020 after increasing the number of trucks and further testing the business feasibility.
In the future, we will be expanding this service to all areas of the Southeast Asia and provide the service to drivers and shippers who are the sole proprietors of the delivery business and aim to achieve an annual transaction value of 1 billion yen by 2023.
* The contents, capital information, services, contact information, and other information contained in the press release are based on the time of announcement and are subject to change without notice.
■About DNP Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd.
- Company Name
- Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd.
- President and Representative Director : Yoshinari Kitajima
- 1-1-1 Ichigayaka-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Expansion of business and development of various products by utilizing printing technology and information technology
- Collaborating with partners and solving social issues utilizing P&I (printing and information) technology
- Date of estabilishment
- January 19, 1984
■About Global Mobility Service Inc.
GMS has built a FinTech service model that utilizes the independently developed IoT device "MCCS*2" and the Mobility Service Platform "MSPF*3" to enable remote start control of vehicles and provides it to the Japanese and ASEAN markets. GMS joined Keidanren in March 2019, attracting attention as a business model with a high affinity with Society 5.0 for SDGs. Representative Nakashima was selected as a member of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry's “SDGs Management / ESG Investment Study Group '' and has contributed to the publication of the “The Guide for SDGs Business Management”.
*2 Abbreviation for Mobility-Cloud Connecting System, which is a system that specifies the location information of a car, remotely controls the activation of the car's engine safely, and enables sensing.
*3 Mobility Service Platform is a platform system that performs management, control, data analysis, etc. for mobility, and enables collaboration with external systems via the Open API on the cloud.
- Company Name
- Global Mobility Service Inc.
- Tokushi Nakashima (President Director / CEO)
- 4F Sumitomo Shiba Daimon Bldg.Ⅱ, 1-12-16 Shibadaimon,Minato-ku,Tokyo, 105-0012, Japan
- Business description
- Provision of Mobility Service Platform
- Utilization service of big data accumulated on the cloud server
- Date of establishment
- November 25, 2013